Introduction Letter

Dear Prof.Brad,

            Greetings everyone, My name is Danish and the following would be a brief description of myself in the engineering field thus far. Since I was a kid I was always fascinated by how things worked. I wanted to know how the creation of things came to fruition. Combining my curiosity well with my knack for tinkering with tools and objects, I felt engineering would be my forte. I started my engineering journey back in the Institute Of Technical Education(ITE) in the marine engineering course. ITE became my stepping stone and I managed to get into Singapore Polytechnic studying the same course which is marine Engineering. After quite a lengthy education path, here I am today as a mechanical Engineering student at the Singapore Institute of Technology.

            I believe a strength I inhabit in regards to communication is being a good listener. I feel as though sometimes I prefer to do the listening over the talking. I reckon I have the ability to comprehend what people have to say and provide a sound response or opinion. This is evidently so as my friends in my social circle tend to seek me out when they need an opinion or just someone to talk to. Communication is key but without comprehension, people won't understand you and the message you intend to bring to the table. What I hope to achieve in this module is linked to my communication weakness. I feel that I don't really fancy talking to a crowd or being the center of attention. It could fairly be due to a lack of confidence as I feel my command of English suddenly becomes haywire when I am giving a presentation. I hope to overcome this fear in this module and become a more confident speaker.

            As mentioned earlier, my curiosity for things also blends well into me being someone that really thrives having intellectual conversations. I just find myself enjoying the conversations that broaden my perspectives of the world. Getting to know people's experiences in life and what you can learn from their journeys is pleasant. I do enjoy small talk too but topics that question the meaning of something and having to use your imagination are stimulating.

Yours Faithfully,
Danish

[Last edited: 21/09/22

                 
           



Comments

  1. Hi Danish, thank you for taking the time to share more about yourself. Your letter covers the requirements of the assignment. Your points are descriptive and well organised. A possible improvement would be to include a proper opening and signing off for the letter to have a proper structure. I am glad to know you better from your letter. I believe that after 13 weeks of critical thinking and communication we are able to improve on our weakness in communication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amsyar,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Appreciate the feedback on the opening and the signing off for the letter and have thus edited the post. I look forward to working with you in class.

      Cheers,
      Danish

      Delete
  2. Hi Danish, thanks on sharing some background of you. Your letter fulfilled all the necessary points and is well-organised, despite some structural and grammatical errors in-between. I believe that all this minor issues will be resolved by the end of the critical thinking and communication module.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aun Hao,

      Appreciate the short and sweet feedback. I believe we can do better as the weeks progress too. See ya in class.

      Cheers,
      Danish

      Delete
  3. Hello Danish! Thank you for taking an extra step in illustrating your educational background. Your letter has given me a comprehensive idea of your personality and mindset which enables me to understand you better as a friend. In my opinion, I feel that the accuracy of grammar and vocabulary is precise. I quote "I feel as though sometimes I prefer to do the listening over the talking", regarding the sentence. You may want to rewrite it to make it fluent, otherwise, the content arrangement is well-structured.

    Thank you for the amazing letter.

    Best Regards,
    Jing Dao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jing Dao,
      Thank you for the input. I will make the changes to ensure it is constructed better. See you in class

      Cheers,
      Danish

      Delete
  4. Hi Danish! The letter is well written with an organized structure and flow. It gives me a well understanding of your personality and your education journey have been inspiring. In my opinion, the letter is well written however, there are a few grammatical errors in it. I believe after the end of the module, you can solve this minor issues! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcus,

      Pardon me for the errors. I shall amend accordingly. Thank you for reading my letter. See ya in class!

      Best Regards,
      Danish

      Delete
  5. Dear Danish,

    Thank you for this clear and concise letter. It's a very informative personal sharing. You've done a fine job addressing the brief and providing supporting details that allow us readers to gain a clearer understanding of who you are. I especially appreciate learning about your general curiosity and willingness to listen and open yourself to others.

    This is also a fine letter in terms of language use. The only problem I could spot was an overuse of caps (mechanical engineering).

    I look forward to reading more of your writing this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Professor Brad,

      Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read my letter. I truly appreciate it and I will amend the necessary changes.

      Best Regards,
      Danish

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts